Southwest Medical Associates (SMA), an Optum company, is Nevada’s largest multi-specialty practice, with over 350 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. Our facilities include 22 medical offices, with 13 urgent cares and retail clinics, two lifestyle centers catering to seniors and two outpatient surgery centers. The practice is fully integrated and includes home health, complex disease management, pharmacy services, medical management and palliative care. SMA is actively engaged in population health management, with an emphasis on outcomes, and offers patients compassionate, innovative and high-quality care throughout Nevada. SMA is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our On-Demand Care Department is the largest, most-comprehensive in Nevada for outpatient episodic care, with a quarter million visits annually. The department incudes six urgent cares and seven retail clinics, offering a full-spectrum of services, with on-site laboratory, radiology (which includes CT and ultrasound), observation unit and infusion center. Our practice is nearly paperless, with electronic health records, digital radiology, electronic prescriptions and e-visits. The practice encompasses the full scope of urgent care and is evidence-based and protocol driven. Our department also includes a robust telemedicine practice, with nearly 15,000 virtual consultations since 2014.
The schedule is equitable and flexible, with ample time off. Providers work primarily three 12-hour shifts a week, with some weekend, night and holiday shifts distributed evenly among the staff. Additional shifts, which are paid at a premium rate, are also available. The schedule is ideal for those who desire an alternative work schedule and who do not wish to conform to a traditional five-day work week. Our total compensation is extremely competitive, with incentive bonuses and a rich benefits package.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
- Diagnose and treat (both medical and minor surgical services) of moderate acuity, generally on an episodic basis, in a walk-in or other outpatient context, distinct from Emergency Medicine in a hospital ER
- Impact of work is most often at the operational or local business unit or market level
- Physicians in this function require specific education / licensure / board certification and practice as a provider in a clinic or hospital setting
- M.D. or D.O., appropriate residency / fellowship training in his / her specialty
- Ability to read, write, and clearly speak English
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and computer skills
- Must have completed an ACGME accredited residency, must be board certified or Board Eligible (ABMS or ABOS) in his / her specialty
- Must have or be eligible for Nevada medical license
- Bilingual Skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Las Vegas, NV, Physician, Urgent Care, Nevada