Provide courteous, efficient beverage and food service to guests while maintaining proper portion control and alcohol awareness.
- Provide prompt, efficient and courteous food and beverage service to guests.
- Practice full alcohol awareness as to the levels of guest alcohol consumption and make decision as to continued service and consumption.
- When necessary courteously and discreetly (as possible) cut-off guests from further service and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Strictly enforce ID compliance to ensure legal age requirements for service and consumption are met.
- Make sure pub operation is set up and ready to open on time.
- Make sure pub operation makes “last call” and stops serving at the proper time.
- Assist in preparation and cooking of pizza and other food items to standards.
- Maintain sanitation standards.
- Do side work for pub as assigned per shift including stocking of supplies.
- Must be able to lift a ½ barrel/keg six inches off the floor into the beer cooler.
- Perform all cashier duties using the Aloha system including; ringing up sales collecting cash, credit card, or room charge; making shift deposit.
- Handle all guest complaints with tact and sincerity, involving the F&B Manager as necessary.
- Adhere to all safety and risk management policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bar experience preferred.
- Ability to provide prompt, courteous service and interact with guests from all over the world.
- Must be 21 years of age per Xanterra South Rim Alcohol policy. Ability to learn, apply and firmly enforce Arizona State liquor laws, as well as Xanterra South Rim Alcohol policies and National Park Service requirements.
- Ability to pass company sponsored alcohol awareness class and apply methods learned to guest situations.
- Ability to accurately handle all types of payment transactions. Learn and operate the Aloha POS
- Ability to follow all food and beverage portion specifications.
- Physically able to change out 15.5 gallon beer kegs requires lifting 6 inches into the cooler.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.