Manage cost planning and specifications for product from inception through finalization and Business sign off of both pricing and specifications.
- Set up and maintain appropriate cost planning records
- Estimate scale and non-scale products in accordance with pricing guidelines and in adherence to master schedules
- Investigate and resolve cost variances in a timely manner
- Perform basic financial and statistical analysis to develop purchasing profiles and bid proposals
- Analyze bids to determine and make vendor recommendations
- Liaise with Product Safety to ensure that all vendors are providing proper safety documentation
- Work closely with vendors, our planning group, the paper dept, prepress, supply chain Scholastic Business groups and accounting
- Work closely with Director/Associate Director of Planning on crisis management of reorders and assist in finding and vetting substitute products and vendors
- Ensure accuracy of information in Epic Cost System and other system-based planning tools and custom reports
- Responsible for proactively working with Businesses to ensure that requests for estimates flow smoothly into Planning.
- Track and report vendor issues to share with Global Procurement Team
- Review work processes on a regular basis to determine ways to improve efficiency, reduce costs and incorporate new technology
- Keep current on changes in the marketplace, i.e. new equipment, trends, and technology
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with our partners inside and outside of Scholastic
HOW YOU CAN FIT
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in either; manufacturing, cost planning, supply chain, demand planning etc.
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Good project management skills
- Some knowledge of prepress, printing and paper
- Excellent attention to details and follow up skills
- High motivation, assertiveness, flexibility and adaptability to change
- Demonstrate productivity in a team environment
- Problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations in high pressure work environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Basic negotiation skills
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.