As a Planner you will be responsible for building merchandise assortments and allocation strategies that generate high sales, profit and inventory turnover. The Planning team is accountable for the development, coordination, and review of the product assortment by door as well as the financial planning, allocation, and inventory management of each product category.
• Develop systems unique for the Canada market.
• Drives the development of product assortments, product allocation, inventory management and profitability in conjunction with the Canadian Buying Team
• Identifies opportunities and executes strategies to increase sales, margin, and turn to meet or exceed plan
• Develops sound department and class level financial plans; re-forecasts in season based on current trend
• Determines space, sku, and assortment strategies that optimize store productivity
• Analyzes product performance in season, monitors demand, and adjusts forecasts to establish inventory levels that drive sales and maximize profitability
• Collaborates with the stores’ team on the implementation of assortment, allocation, space and replenishment strategies
• Provides forecasts to and collaborates with vendors to ensure the appropriate level of product availability
• Manages, trains, and develops Merchandise Analysts
•3-5 years work experience in retail planning, buying or merchandising required
•Strong problem solving and analytical skills
•Advanced business knowledge of retail and merchandising concepts
•Ability to manage and train a team, fostering a high level of individual growth and contribution
•Ability to work in a team environment and communicate with multiple levels within a large organization
•Computer literate, proficient on PC based application
•Bachelors' degree in retail, marketing or finance preferred.
Travel required. Up to one week a month; to vendors, stores, and US corporate offices.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.