The Plumber is a full-time, year-round position located in the Old Faithful area of Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming. A modern, one-bedroom, company apartment is provided. This position’s primary responsibility is to perform assessments and repair and replace existing plumbing systems. To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
A Day in the Life of a Plumber
- Implements the planned and scheduled workload, ensuring quality of work, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
- Performs plumbing assessments, preventative maintenance, and the repair/replacement of new and/or existing plumbing systems.
- Accountable for accurately documenting labor and materials used on jobs and for the ordering of items needed for job completion or inventory replacement per company procedure.
- Ensures proper work method and products are used on historic and non-historic structures.
- Responsible for ensuring all work is performed in compliance with current codes.
- Safeguards the care, maintenance and security of all assigned equipment and tools.
- Maintains a safe work environment and makes sure all proper PPE is being used and used correctly.
- Maintains a spirit of cooperation within the departments and throughout the property.
- Responsible for adhering to Xanterra’s Ecologix sustainability program.
- Performs other general facilities maintenance duties as assigned.
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- Health, life and other insurance benefits
- Company Housing
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!)
- Discounts in and around Yellowstone
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of professional plumber experience.
- Must be proficient in the operations and use of all plumbing equipment common to the trade.
- Must be proficient in maintaining and repairing water and sewer system components to include fixtures, pressure regulators, re-circulating pumps, water heaters, water softeners and plumbing vents.
- Must be proficient in soldering and acetylene welding.
- Must possess a working knowledge of plumbing codes and standards.
- Must be able to efficiently schedule tasks to ensure timely arrival of materials and equipment and work completion.
- Must have general knowledge of OSHA requirements and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to read, understand and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Must be at least 21 years old and possess a current, valid, driver’s license with a good driving record for the past 3 years.
- Must be able to read, understand, interpret and comply with all Xanterra’s company policies and procedures.
- This position may require the use of respiratory protection and compliance with applicable regulations, including a clean-shaven face.
- Must be capable of lifting and moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess physical stamina to withstand heavy, labor-related work in an outside environment, including standing, bending, kneeling, crawling for extended periods of time when required.
- Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
- Willing and able to reside, year-round in an isolated hospitality location (Old Faithful area) within the Park in a company-provided apartment.
Live. Work. Explore. Yellowstone National Park Is Naturally Different
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.