The Polar Express Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the Polar Express Chef characters are providing services that create memorable experiences and exceed guest expectations during the Polar Express production.Responsibilities
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Must accommodate our guests within established guidelines and in a professional manner and be able to effectively handle stressful situations in a public setting and resolve guest related problems in a professional manner.
- Responsible for timely enforcement of all Xanterra and Grand Canyon Railway hospitality standards, procedures, policies and environmental program.
- Responsible for direct supervision of the Polar Express Chef characters including but not limited to; scheduling, training, monitoring work/labor hours, directing the work, maintaining and evaluating levels of performance, monitoring appearance of passenger cars, assisting with guest reassignments.
- Responsible for compliance with all health and safety regulations and enforcing sanitary practices and reporting train maintenance repair issues to the conductor.
- Perform routine periodic walk-through in passenger cars; working closely with Polar Express Chefs, Polar Express Supervisors and Conductor to ensure, cleanliness of passenger train cars and all levels of guest service and train safety are being provided.
- Maintains flexibility to work evening shifts, including shifts on holidays and weekends. Shifts are 6+/- hours per day.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all prescribed Environmental Management Systems (EMS) policies and corporate commitments to maintain ISO 14001 goals and guidelines; reduce, reuse and recycle program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Minimum 3 years customer service experience, with a minimum of 1year previous supervisory experience.
- Requires excellent leadership and communication skills to effectively motivate staff to the expected Xanterra’s standard of excellence in guest service.
- Ability to work evening shifts, including shifts on holidays and weekends. Shifts are 6+/- hours per day.
- Must have good organizational skills with the ability to maintain flexibility in carrying out daily job duties, organizing and managing multiple priorities and tasks while providing leadership to a diversified staff.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive professional working relationship with staff, co-workers, directors, and other departments; working together in a positive work environment.
- Requires the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, move efficiently through train passenger cars while in motion, and the ability to lift at least 40 pounds.