Grand Canyon Railway and Warner Bros Productions Presents
The Polar Express Train Ride
THE POLAR EXPRESS Train Ride Event at Grand Canyon Railway Historic Williams Depot is a LIVE, interactive event based on the film by Warner Bros. The theatrical performance will employ actors and singers for a 70 minute roundtrip train ride.
(This is a live, repeating theatrical production, not a film shoot)
“THE POLAR EXPRESS and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s17)”
- Warm, sincere, full of authentic joy.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Ms. Claus is responsible for creating magical memories and ensuring the quality of our passenger’s experience while enjoying the Polar Room.
- Coordinates and assists children and families with general arts and crafts.
- Contains children in large quantities.
- Interacts with passengers/guests on a one on one basis.
- Communicates with guests and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Responsible for Bio-Hazard clean ups as necessary.
- Responsible for correctly and effectively handling guest complaints and is able to handle stressful situation in a public setting
- Maintains schedule flexibility, working scheduled days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Shifts are 6+/- hours per day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 1 year verifiable work experience as “Ms. Claus”
- Ability to tolerate and contain children in large quantities
- Ability to interact with passengers on a one on one basis
- Ability to deal with Bio-Hazard clean ups
- Must be able to handle stressful situation in a public setting
- Ability to work evening shifts, including shifts on holidays and weekends. Shifts are 6+/- hours per day.
- Ability to communicate in a professional matter.
- Responsible for maintaining stock of coloring supplies
*Individuals displaying radical departures from conventional dress or personal grooming and hygiene standards will not be considered for roles.
Commitment Requirements and Live Run Dates:
Shifts start at 3:30 and end at approximately 9:30 selected individuals must be available to work on a part time (up to 32 hours or 2-4 days/ week) or full time (40 or more hours or 5-6 days/week) basis for the duration of the season outlined below. Free shuttle service will be provided to individuals traveling from Flagstaff.
- Orientation: Friday November 2nd 8AM-12PM.
- Railroad Safety Training: Saturday November 3rd, 9AM- 1PM.
- Rehearsals: November TBD
Live Run Dates:
- November 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30
- December 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29
- January 3, 4, 5,
If selected for an audition you will be called to attend one of the following auditions:
Thursdays in October 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
Xanterra/GCR Flagstaff Office Location
11AM, 1PM & 3PM
Fridays in October 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
Grand Canyon Railway Williams Location
10 AM, 11AM, & 1PM