Grand Canyon Railway and Warner Bros Productions Presents
The Polar Express Train Ride
THE POLAR EXPRESS Train Ride Event at Grand Canyon Railway Historic Williams Depot is a LIVE, interactive event based on the film by Warner Bros. The theatrical performance will employ actors and singers for a 70 minute roundtrip train ride.
(This is a live, repeating theatrical production, not a film shoot)
“THE POLAR EXPRESS and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s17)”
- Singers/actors, outgoing, enthusiastic, joy-filled.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Communicate announcements over microphone giving verbal instructions for up to 90 passengers.
- Responsible for knowing classic holiday carols and the willingness to lead the song in front of passengers.
- Prep train cars for daily train ride to department standards
- Moves about the train safely while serving hot chocolate and cookies to the passengers
- Adapts to the Polar Express Chef role and get into character during the train trip
- Responsible for Bio-Hazard clean-ups as necessary.
- Works as a team player and demonstrates good communication skills at all times.
- Effectively handles stressful situations in a public setting and resolves guest related problems in a professional manner.
- Establishes and maintains an effective professional working relationship with co-workers, directors, and other departments; working together in a positive work environment.
- Maintains schedule flexibility, working scheduled days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Shifts are 6+/- hours per day.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all prescribed Environmental Management Systems (EMS) policies and corporate commitments to maintain ISO 14001 goals and guidelines; reduce, reuse and recycle program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work evening shifts, including shifts on holidays and weekends. Shifts are 6+/- hours per day.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills with the ability to read, write, and speak English; communicate professionally, effectively and clearly face-to-face, and in written communication.
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
*Individuals displaying radical departures from conventional dress or personal grooming and hygiene standards will not be considered for roles.
Commitment Requirements and Live Run Dates:
Shifts start at 3:30 and end at approximately 9:30 selected individuals must be available to work on a part time (up to 32 hours or 2-4 days/ week) or full time (40 or more hours or 5-6 days/week) basis for the duration of the season outlined below. Free shuttle service will be provided to individuals traveling from Flagstaff.
- Orientation: Friday November 2nd 8AM-12PM.
- Railroad Safety Training: Saturday November 3rd, 9AM- 1PM.
- Rehearsals: November TBD
Live Run Dates:
- November 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30
- December 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29,
- January 3, 4, 5
If selected for an audition you will be called to attend one of the following auditions:
Thursdays in October 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
Xanterra/GCR Flagstaff Office Location
11AM, 1PM & 3PM
Fridays in October 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
Grand Canyon Railway Williams Location
10 AM, 11AM, & 1PM