At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management, a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
Wells Capital Management (WellsCap) is a multi-boutique, asset management firm focused on institutional clients. Our diverse and autonomous teams provide a broad range of investment solutions across multiple asset classes and investment styles within three main categories: equity, fixed income, and quantitative.
Why multi-boutique? We believe that: independent, focused investment teams generate alpha; investment teams should focus on investing for our clients without the distractions of operating a business; and risk management oversight should be independent from our teams to ensure we consistently meet client objectives. WellsCap has $348 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2018.
The two-year Asset Management Analyst Program offers recent college undgraduates an entry into the competitive field of investment management. Throughout the program, analysts undergo a combination of classroom and on-the-job training to build the skillset and knowledge base necessary to succeed in this industry. Although analysts are placed on an investment team, each analyst will gain exposure to various areas of the firm and complete the program with a solid understanding of all industry functions.
Investment Management Track Analysts will work with one of our investment teams to learn the research skills and investment strategy critical to successful portfolio management.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to: some of the projects may be to assist in the management of conducting proprietary company, industry,and capital markets research, preparing presentation materials for clients or internal functions, executing fixed income or equity trades, and assist portfolio management team in a variety of the functions. Developing the knowledge and skills necessary for investment analysis and research.
While Analysts are employees at will, our expectation is that the Analyst Program is a two year opportunity and that Analysts will complete the Program. Analysts may also be offered an opportunity to continue a third year in the Analyst Program at the firm’s discretion.Required Qualifications
- 1+ year of investment research experience
- Experience working with research tools such as: FactSet, Bloomberg, and Barra
- Fixed income markets experience
- Microsoft Excel experience designing and running macros
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; including statistics
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and quantitative abilities that can be demonstrated through undergraduate coursework in finance, accounting, statistics and math, as well as in work-related and project management experience.
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to effectively multi-task and remain focused in a fast paced environment with limited supervision
- A quick intellect and a willingness to work in a hands-on environment
- Excellent PC skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office programs MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Business experience through internship, co-op or part-time; preferred experienced in an Applied Investment Program or Training
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or equivalent work experience
- A graduation date of December 2018 or May 2019
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.