At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wells Fargo Investment Portfolio (“IP”) comprises public and private investments for the Credit Investment Portfolio (“CIP”) and public investments for the Macro Investment Portfolio (“MIP”). With dual reporting to Wholesale (CIP) and Treasury (MIP), IP manages the portfolio of AFS and HTM investments.
The Credit Investment Portfolio (CIP), a division of Wholesale Banking, is responsible for the evaluation of credit-driven investment opportunities across a broad spectrum of corporate bonds, notes, loans, Municipal bonds, CLOs and other asset backed securities. With a view towards long term holds, CIP focuses on relative risk/reward by purchasing (and selling) at prices that enhance shareholder value and improve Wells Fargo’s risk adjusted return on capital. As an extension of Wholesale’s lending platform, CIP applies the same depth of credit due diligence that other Wholesale lending divisions have historically applied to loan products. Accordingly, each investment is underwritten from the bottom up with thorough credit, structural, and legal analysis then monitored continuously until final repayment of principal.
The Macro Investment Portfolio (MIP), a division of Corporate Finance, is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of fixed income investments to achieve liquidity, interest rate risk management, and capital management objectives on behalf of Corporate ALCO. MIP invests in high quality, highly liquid and readily marketable securities that are primarily U.S. Treasury and government agency securities. Other investment asset classes include corporate bonds, municipal bonds, asset-backed and commercial mortgage-backed securities. With a view towards longer term investing, MIP’s asset appetite is discretionary at the direction of ALCO to deploy a portion of the Company’s excess deposits in a safe and sound manner. MIP relies on the Credit Investment Portfolio (CIP) to analyze and monitor most credit sensitive individual investments.
The IP Portfolio Strategy & Analytics team binds a collection of groups whose core functions are associated with investment analysis or reporting on WFC’s Investment Portfolios (AFS and HTM). The team focuses on process integration, analytics, and reporting on key areas pertinent to the Investment Portfolio. We are hiring a Portfolio Analytics Consultant 3 in either Charlotte or San Francisco.
- Complex portfolio reporting and analytics on the Wells Fargo Investment Portfolio including Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Risk Identification, Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) and Recovery and Resolution Plan (RRP).
- Interfaces with Internal Audit, Risk Management and Model Governance teams as well as outside parties including regulatory agencies and accounting and consulting firms.
- Ensures group maintains an infrastructure consisting of flexible, controlled and well understood models and methodologies that withstand credible challenge by partnering with WFC model development centers of excellence, third party vendors, Corporate Enterprise Risk and Corporate Model Risk groups to develop, validate and deploy new models as well as ensure ongoing compliance with model governance policies.
- Frequently leads targeted projects (e.g. evaluation of new asset classes or strategies, benchmark and peer analysis, assessment of regulatory and tax issues) and development of new methodologies
- Participates in working groups developing business requirements, designing interim tactical solutions, and testing implementation of the Investment Portfolio’s next generation technology infrastructure.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of portfolio analysis experience, finance experience or a combination of both
- The ideal candidate has sharp analytical skills, demonstrated attention to detail, sound critical thinking, and solid problem-solving capabilities.
- We are looking for a self-motivated person who learns quickly and thrives in a challenging environment.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges is crucial.
- Strong knowledge of corporate policies and procedures including governance and oversight (G&O), End User Computing Tool Policy (EUCT) and Model Risk Policy
- Experience with Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Dodd Frank Act Stress Test (DFAST), and Recovery and Resolution Planning, including knowledge of regulatory capital rules and liquidity standards.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in Math, Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Working knowledge of the investment portfolio including interest rate swaps, corporates or municipal bonds
- SQL or similar programming/database experience
- Demonstrated success leading & implementing sizable projects
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.