At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wells Fargo Investment Portfolio (“IP”) comprises public and private investments for the Credit Investment Portfolio (“CIP”) and public investments for the Macro Investment Portfolio (“MIP”). With dual reporting to Wholesale (CIP) and Treasury (MIP), IP manages the portfolio of AFS and HTM investments.
The Credit Investment Portfolio (CIP), a division of Wholesale Banking, is responsible for the evaluation of credit-driven investment opportunities across a broad spectrum of corporate bonds, notes, loans, Municipal bonds, CLOs and other asset backed securities. With a view towards long term holds, CIP focuses on relative risk/reward by purchasing (and selling) at prices that enhance shareholder value and improve Wells Fargo’s risk adjusted return on capital. As an extension of Wholesale’s lending platform, CIP applies the same depth of credit due diligence that other Wholesale lending divisions have historically applied to loan products. Accordingly, each investment is underwritten from the bottom up with thorough credit, structural, and legal analysis then monitored continuously until final repayment of principal.
The Macro Investment Portfolio (MIP), a division of Corporate Finance, is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of fixed income investments to achieve liquidity, interest rate risk management, and capital management objectives on behalf of Corporate ALCO. MIP invests in high quality, highly liquid and readily marketable securities that are primarily U.S. Treasury and government agency securities. Other investment asset classes include corporate bonds, municipal bonds, asset-backed and commercial mortgage-backed securities. With a view towards longer term investing, MIP’s asset appetite is discretionary at the direction of ALCO to deploy a portion of the Company’s excess deposits in a safe and sound manner. MIP relies on the Credit Investment Portfolio (CIP) to analyze and monitor most credit sensitive individual investments.
The IP Portfolio Strategy & Analytics team binds a collection of groups whose core functions are associated with investment analysis or reporting on WFC’s Investment Portfolios (AFS and HTM). The team focuses on process integration, analytics, and reporting on key areas pertinent to the Investment Portfolio. We are hiring a Portfolio Analytics Consultant 4 role in either Charlotte, San Francisco, or Minneapolis.
- Responsible for all aspects related to the day to day production of capital and liquidity forecasting for the Bank Owned Life Insurance (BOLI), Corporate Bond and Municipal Bond Portfolios. This includes monitoring of all risks associated with the portfolio including credit, interest rate, liquidity, strategic, capital adequacy and market.
- Additional key deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Projections of Other Comprehensive Income (OCI), Other than Temporary Impairment (OTTI) and Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) for the existing portfolio as well as future purchases during the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) for the BOLI, Corporate Bond and Municipal Bond Portfolios
- Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) for the Corporate & Municipal Bond Portfolios on a quarterly basis
- Projections of market value, principal, interest, loss and balance used in Resolution Liquidity Execution Need (RLEN), Resolution Adequacy and Positioning (RLAP), and Internal Liquidity Stress Test (ILST) for the Corporate & Municipal Bond Portfolios
- Collaborates with partners across the enterprise to ensure best practices are used throughout our analysis:
- Maintains an infrastructure consisting of flexible, controlled and well understood models and methodologies that withstand credible challenge by partnering with WFC model development centers of excellence, third party vendors, Corporate Enterprise Risk and Corporate Model Risk groups to develop, validate and deploy new models as well as ensure ongoing compliance with model governance policies
- Follows governance and oversight (G&O) policies and procedures and collaborate with fellow team members to ensure compliance
- Interfaces with Internal Audit, Risk Management and Model Governance teams as well as outside parties including regulatory agencies
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience in portfolio management, or finance
- Significant experience analyzing Corporate or Municipal Portfolios
- Significant exposure to CCAR and Recovery and Resolution Planning (RRP), including knowledge of regulatory capital rules and liquidity standards
- Strong knowledge of corporate policies and procedures including G&O, End User Computing Tool Policy (EUCT) and Model Risk Policy
- Ability to synthesize and effectively communicate complex financial concepts to a variety of audiences through excellent written and presentation skills
- SQL or similar programming/database experience
- Demonstrated success leading & implementing sizable projects
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.