The Wells Fargo Investment Portfolio (“IP”) is comprised of credit-sensitive assets (primarily public-side, fixed income investments) and high-quality liquid assets (U.S. Government and Agency-backed fixed income securities, “HQLA”). With dual reporting to the Head of Wholesale Banking and the Chief Financial Officer, IP manages a combined portfolio of AFS and HTM fixed income investments and interest rate swaps.
The IP Portfolio Strategy & Analytics team binds a collection of groups whose core functions are associated with investment analysis or reporting on WFC’s Investment Portfolios (AFS and HTM). The team focuses on process integration, analytics, and reporting on key areas pertinent to the Investment Portfolio. We are currently looking to hire two Portfolio Analytic Consultant 2's in either Charlotte or San Francisco. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with IP team members and IP partners to deliver relevant reporting and analytics.
- Coordinate with IP team members to ensure data across the platform is used consistently and accurately, while adhering to all governance requirements and automating manual processes where possible.
- Involved in process redesign to simplify, standardize, and consolidated IP reporting.
- Help define requirements for the development of a centralized data repository and common reporting platform.
- Preparation of ad-hoc analyses/presentations/reporting as needed.
- Centrally produce all recurring IP reporting, as well as define the protocol for the development of new externally distributed reports.
- Help monitor and maintain all IP data and analytics, including reporting on fixed-income asset classes.
- Integrate and optimize Data Management Tools.
- Evaluate all current IP reporting frequency, timeliness, content and distribution to assess consolidation and elimination of redundant data.
- Produce IP ALCO monthly reporting along with other periodic reporting for senior management and other internal stakeholders.
- Evolve our data strategy in alignment with the Enterprise Data Management & Insights (DMI) team.
- Ensure data is being used correctly and accurately across IP and in compliance with Governance and Oversite (G&O) requirements.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of portfolio analysis experience, finance experience or a combination of both
The ideal candidate has sharp analytical skills, demonstrated attention to detail, sound critical thinking, and solid problem-solving capabilities. We are looking for a self-motivated person who learns quickly and thrives in a challenging environment. Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges is crucial.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and SQL or similar programming/database experience
- Sharp analytical skills, demonstrated attention to detail, sound critical thinking, and solid problem-solving capabilities
- Self-motivated person who learns quickly and thrives in a challenging environment
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills and proven track record of collaborating with peers, partners and their teams to ensure delivery of objectives and results
- Communicating effectively, both written and verbally, with all levels of management, partners and team members across the group and the enterprise
- Provide leadership consistent with Wells Fargo & Co. vision and values
- Prior experience analyzing, modeling, and reporting on fixed income securities across multiple asset classes
- Expertise in banking industry accounting, regulatory, capital, and compliance requirements for a large portfolio of AFS and HTM investments
- Prior experience working with internal governance partners and external regulators
- Experience in financial services, capital markets or the banking sector
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.