Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of our clients worldwide: institutions, financial advisors, and individuals. Wells Capital Management is a registered investment advisor and a dedicated institutional asset manager within the WFAM umbrella. Our mission is to deliver superior investment service to our institutional clients globally.
This role is for a Global Head of Systematic Fixed Income Research as part of the global Fixed Income division within Wells Fargo Asset Management. The position will be critical in leading the development of world class quantitative fixed income investment and research strategies, models and process and ensuring that the team delivers on client expectations.
- Lead and execute the development of systematic fixed income across WFAM’s fixed income platform. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement fixed income quantitative models and products globally
- Effectively collaborate with fundamental fixed income portfolio managers to drive immediate and continuous model enhancement
- Develop and lead quantitative fixed income research tools and process, improving and broadening our systematic and fundamental fixed income capabilities
- Develop new quantitative fixed income products including smart-beta, factor enhanced and other fixed income passive/ETF like strategies
- Effectively engage in client service, retention and growth of assets, through articulating the value proposition WFAM’s systematic fixed income capabilities
- Effectively partner with fundamental fixed income, equity and multi-asset colleagues across WFAM
- Build strong, diverse quantitative fixed income team with effective bench strength and succession.
- Leadership – be able to identify and manage existing and new talent with excellent skills across different areas of expertise and seniority
- Scientific Discipline – clear scientific skillset to utilise in fixed income quantitative model construction, research, portfolio management and solutions building
- Decision Making – strong decision making capabilities
- Communication expertise – required for the communication of process, solutions and views to a variety of internal and external stakeholders (through multiple investment channels) and clients
- Analytical/ Research Capabilities – full understanding and utilisation of both qualitative and quantitative techniques/ tools to enhance fixed income investment process
- Risk Management – strong focus and emphasis on effective investment risk management
- Team Work – Team player, used to work in dynamic work setting, showing ability to motivate team members to deliver high-quality output while ensuring a good team atmosphere
- 10+ years of quantitative portfolio management experience
- Strong Leadership experience
- Proven track record in successfully managing quantitative fixed income teams
- Proven experience and expertise in the development of successful models and systematic fixed income investment processes and all aspects of systematic trading (signal research; risk modelling; model calibration; and portfolio optimization).
- Proven experience and understanding of investment process for trading multiple asset classes (with emphasis on FI and FX assets)
- Strong academic background (MSc and PhD preferred)
- Excellent mathematical, finance and programming skills
- Extensive Fixed Income operational knowledge
- Top communication, interpersonal and presentations skills (written and verbal) essential to represent the Fixed Income group internally and externally
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.