The POS Business Analyst / PM will have working knowledge of POS in various retail venues to provide guidance and participate in requirements, testing and deployment of future POS enhancements. This position requires a complete understanding of our current POS and front end processes across all store formats. Proven experience in project management and the business requirements gathering process is a must.
- Complete understanding of Point of Sale functionality across all Store formats within the company, including mobile Point of Sale
- Complete understanding of related ecom and mobile web functionality
- Participate as needed in the project definition process
- Play a lead role in the business requirements gathering process.
- Provide recommendations during design resulting in a better overall experience at POS for our customers and cashiers
- Define testing strategies and create/execute test plans, suites and scripts in accordance with the project timeline and business requirements
- Partner with IT and other business teams on the overall test approach, including functional, regression, financial and downstream testing activities
- Identify and communicate issues or topics that have the potential to impact deployment/adoptability in the stores
- Ability to identify key areas that require further discussion with a broader audience to reach a resolution
- Store Experience
- Schedule time to work the front end in stores to gain an understanding of the transactions and cashier interaction that occur
- Provide insight to the team at corporate regarding successful field practices and opportunities for improvement
- Partner with other concepts to have a working knowledge of their front end processes and propose consistent processes across all concepts where appropriate
- 5-10 years of Retail POS Project Manager experience, PMP preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of POS requirements gathering and testing strategies that will ensure functional solutions are delivered to the stores
- Excellent communication skills; ability to identify pros/cons of issues and provide recommendations
- Ability to interact with other teams/levels within the organization by presenting open issues, decisions and functionality and communicating back to various teams
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify opportunities to improve the overall store experience
- Ability to manage a project timeline and provide updates as needed
- Willingness to expand knowledge base to other areas of the company
- Some travel required
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.