BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
BJ’s Wholesale Club in Westborough, MA is seeking an IT Point of Sale Systems Development Manager to join its growing IT organization. This team member will be responsible for:
- Leadership and direction for BJ’s Club Point of Sale (POS) systems including: system development, implementation, and support. Responsibilities also include all POS Software, Hardware and Peripherals running in the BJ's Clubs.
- Detailed responsibilities include: product evaluation, purchase, installation, software selection and/or software development, performance monitoring and application tuning, disaster recovery planning and 7 day per week, 24 hours per day technical supervision/support for problem resolution.
- This position will directly interface with Club Sales Operations Management as well as various other Business team members within the organization.
- Manage large IT initiatives.
- Manage, guide and develop multiple teams of technical professionals including staff with expertise in the following areas: POS Hardware (Front Line and Self Checkout), Toshiba Retail Software and Toshiba 4690 Operating Systems.
- Provide input to the development of PCI and Sarbanes Oxley controls, as well as the monitoring and adherence to these controls and other applicable regulatory regulations.
- Direction, management and successful completion of assigned Business Plan Initiatives and Change Control projects following System Development/ Project life Cycle and Change Management policies/procedures.
- Handle additional duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in computer science, business or related field/work experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of related IT Retail Systems/POS experience is required.
- Candidates must have a solid knowledge of: Agile software development methodologies, Leadership, Project Management, and Data Processing skills, as well as a strong retail background.
- Strong organization, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Additional desired skills include: experience with Toshiba Retail POS systems, Toshiba 4690, Toshiba ACE, Toshiba CHEC and Verifone software and hardware. Experience in Mobile solutions a plus.
- Experience in Network and Infrastructure a plus.
- Candidate must have good interpersonal skills with the ability to work across all levels of an organization, prior managerial experience with the ability to lead and motivate a technical team.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.