TeamMD, a part of UnitedHealthcare Community & State and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is an innovative model of care for individuals with complex needs. At TeamMD, we recognized the need for better care for individuals that integrate clinical services across, medical, behavioral, social, and functional limitations. We created TeamMD, a value-based clinical model focused on transforming and integrating medical and behavioral care for high-risk Medicare and Medicaid patients. We are currently expanding our team in Tennessee and we are looking for a Practice Manager who can bring compassion, behavioral health and addiction expertise, energy, and focus to this work. This individual will serve as a liaison between practice management and the Associate Director, providing subject matter expertise and support in the area of behavioral health, addiction, and business office functions.
The Practice Manager will have day-to-day responsibility for the management and operation of their clinic. They are responsible to maintain the quality of behavioral health and substance abuse services. This position must have a positive and supportive attitude toward the practice and its overall success.
- Oversee daily practice operations
- Monitor patient scheduling, referrals, and satisfaction
- Interview, hire, and train new staff in accordance with HR guidelines
- Manage daily staffing to ensure optimal operation of the practice; regularly review productivity and make adjustments as needed
- Liaises with clinical staff and other medical practice employees to ensure they have necessary support
- Controls the supply of medications and medical equipment
- Manages patient records and IT system
- 3+ years’ experience in medical office management (this can include physician practice, skilled nursing, rehab centers, behavioral health center, physical therapy practice, hospital unit coordinators, etc)
- Experience with direct supervision of others
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficiency with EMR systems and software applications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Active unrestricted Licensure in TN or the ability to obtain- Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Practitioner (NP), LCSW, LPC, or Psychological Examiner
- Business management or service delivery experience in behavioral health or addiction treatment setting
- Familiarity with the resources in the location area
- Experience with managed care and/or working within a health plan
- Experience with Medicare and/or Medicaid
Careers at TeamMD:. Imagine. Even as health care evolves and advances into a future of innovative new practice models, there are some lessons from the past that can make a huge difference. At TeamMD, a part of UnitedHealthcare Community & State and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we recognized the need for better care for individuals that are medically complex and have functional limitations. We created TeamMD to bring medical care to these individuals in their home to improve their access to care and enable better clinical outcomes. Our home-based model of care helps patients with the greatest needs, whether it is for short term stabilization and transition support to ongoing primary care. If you're looking for greater career impact and challenge, learn more. You'll discover how this can become your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: practice manager, clinic manager, operations manager, operations, RN, NP, LCSW, LPC, Psychological Examiner, behavioral health, addiction treatment, Long-Term Services and Support, ID, IDD, I/DD, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Long Term Care, physician practice, skilled nursing facility, SNF, nursing home, rehab center, behavioral health center, physical therapy practice, hospital unit coordinators, Medicaid, Medicare, Managed Care, Social Services, Memphis, Tennessee, TeamMD