Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
If you are looking for a way to help others, while you put your customer service skills to good use, this may be the career for you. You'll consult directly with our patients by phone prior to the patients scheduled date of service.
Your work will not only impact the bottom line, but it will also make a difference in the lives of our patients who receive services in the communities in which we serve, greatly reducing their wait times to receive services upon arrival and reduce their financial burden concerns when they should be focusing on receiving a positive experience upon arrival. At the end of the day, you'll know you are doing your life's best work.
The Pre-Registration Caller is directly responsible for managing a workload of moderate to medium complexity, responsible for contacting patient / guarantor to validate and /or obtain patient / guarantor information. The Pre-Registration caller will also inform and educate the patient of their “estimated out of pocket” Perform patient pre-financial counseling by reviewing patient benefits and collecting patient liability from Optum360’s Patient Contact Center (OPCC)
- Call patient in advance of upcoming scheduled services to verify and explain patient insurance
- Obtain required patient identification in compliance with Patient Health Information
- Collecting accurate and thorough patient demographic data, including insurance coverage
- Follows standard call scripts and procedures
- Adheres to the organization's policies for resolution of patient financial liability
- Be an information source for patients by explaining hospital policies, patient financial responsibilities and Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- High School Diploma / GED
- Must be able to work Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week, varied shifts between 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
- 1+ years of customer service experience or call center environment
- Experience using a Windows PC in a professional environment, with the ability to use multiple screens at the same time and multi-task
- Data entry and typing skills within a professional environment
- Able to perform basic mathematics for payment calculation
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience in requesting and processing financial payments
- Bilingual fluency with Spanish and English
- 1+ years of administrative experience in a medical facility, health insurance, or related field
- Knowledge of charity care programs as well as the various government and non-government programs
- Ability to take direction from leadership and collaborate with co-workers to perform job functions
- Excellent communication capabilities-persuasive, inclusive, and encouraging
- Ability to listen and understand
- Responsible and accountable-ability to take ownership and initiative
- Results oriented with an eye toward the end-goal and business results as the objective
- Adaptability and flexibility to handles changing priorities
- Professional, positive and customer service oriented
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Pre-registration, caller, UHG, Optum, AZ, Phoenix, Customer Service