At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage Origination team builds strong relationships with consumers and referral partners to help our customers reach their personal and financial goals through homeownership.
As a Mortgage Consultant for Centralized Sales we provide answers and guidance regarding mortgage-related products and services for clients, customers, and potential customers. A Mortgage Consultant is responsible for generating mortgage business through inbound and outbound lead generation while working in our professional Centralized Sales Center. Our Mortgage Consultants thrive on customer interaction and never miss an opportunity to enhance and deepen the customer’s relationship. They are skilled communicators, are organized, have strong integrity, are highly motivated, and strive to reach and meet goals. This is a base salary plus monthly incentive position.
• Source and sustain successful business relationships with real estate agents, bankers, and other internal/external referral sources for the purpose of originating mortgage loans and generating future referral opportunities within a defined geographic territory.
• Build closed loan volume primarily through productive marketing and sales activities, client and consumer counseling, and account management
• Cultivate business through outbound telesales activities
• Effectively communicate Wells Fargo Home Mortgage's products and programs to the client base and customers
• Hands-on pipeline management to deliver a great customer experience
• Provide customer needs analysis through product knowledge and underwriting sensibilities
• Coordinate sales activities with Distributed HMCs in same geographic territory
This position will be covering markets in the following states: So. Cal, No Cal/NV
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 1+ year of sales experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Mortgage industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of sales prospecting and generating referrals
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
- Customer service experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.