Looking to advance your career? Join First Transit as Preventative Maintenance Mechanic!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- On-the-job training with room for growth and career advancement!
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Preventative Maintenance Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Transit standards.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Tire, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics) - On-the-job training is provided!
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release.
- Ensuring safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training and looking to grow
Preventative Maintenance Mechanic requirements:
- Technical Training Preferred
- Valid driver's license required; CDL B preferred
- Previous entry-level preventative maintenance / lube technician experience
- Must have appropriate tool set
- ASE Certifications are preferred, but not required
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.