External Job Posting
As the Pricing Analyst you will perform analysis to support Shopko’s pricing strategy and provide pricing recommendations to our merchant teams. You will coordinate price management activities, including; execution of price changes, management of rules-based pricing, management of zone pricing or store clustering, and other activities to protect and grow margin.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Pricing Strategy Analysis
• Work with the Pricing Director and Merchandising Teams to understand pricing strategies and complete financial scenario analysis
• Provide recommendations to pricing strategies and tactics
• Develop models to analyze potential price changes or cost savings opportunities
• Collaborate with aligned category teams to serve as main point of contact for pricing needs
• Perform competitive pricing shops in local markets to support strategic analysis and initiatives prompted by Merchandising leadership
• Assist Pricing Director in identifying competitive pricing and promotional cadences by category / key items, determining sales and margin implications
• Proactively seek ways to improve reporting
• Leverage knowledge of data systems and technical skills to identify and develop opportunities for process improvement and meet changing business needs.
• Design and set up pricing tests including executing, analyzing data, reporting results, and recommending pricing action.
Pricing Strategy Execution
• Maintain and coordinate the established business rhythm for product line and category reviews to determine monthly pricing plans
• Build and maintain a competitive pricing database from multiple sources of information
• Coordinate price management activities to protect and grow margin
• Execute price changes
• Manage rules-based pricing and zone pricing or store clustering
Cross Functional Leadership / Personal Development
• Builds strong relationships with internal cross functional counterparts and leadership to deliver results.
• Collaborate with merchant team to support tactical pricing decisions
• Work with Pricing Director to identify opportunities and create a plan for personal development.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree is required (Major in business or related subject).
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills with experience with data modeling and statistical analysis
• Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work in a cross functional environment and communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills. Can express complex ideas in simple terms
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple assignments and projects with varying deadlines.
• Superior knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Understanding of Microsoft Access / VBA and Macros / MicroStrategy is a plus
• Experience in developing financial/pricing analysis and implementing changes based upon analysis.
• Solid leader and self-motivated with proven ability to establish and sustain strong internal customer relationships and external customer knowledge and effectively balance customer needs with those of the business.
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package! If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.