To support our mission to be trusted as the expert for the home & heart-felt life events, Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. is looking for a Pricing Analyst with a strong passion for turning large amounts of data into actionable insights to drive improved business profitability.
In this highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, this individual will be responsible for leading the development of pricing strategies across the various businesses within Bed Bath and Beyond. This newly created role will be embedded in the merchandising team with a focus on the complete product life cycle. The Pricing Analyst will act as a subject matter expert leveraging pricing to build and enhance category strategy. Through partnership with their merchandising team, the analyst will evaluate category/product level price elasticity, impact of competitive price changes, and optimal markdown cadences. The Pricing Analyst will be focused on driving volume, maximizing profitability and enhancing the company’s value proposition. This position will regularly present findings and share insights with multiple business leaders throughout the organization including merchandising, marketing, supply chain, operations, finance etc.
- Partner with merchant and planning teams to create optimal pricing strategies to maximize margin and drive sales volume
- Build metrics, analytics, and insights generators from core reporting and dashboards for socialization of price competitiveness throughout the organization
- Analyze, interpret and communicate the results of pricing recommendations and experiments to the business units
- Answer key business profitability questions using analytical, fact-based framework
- Design, execute, analyze and interpret pricing experiments to understand price elasticity
- Develop process improvements, analytical frameworks, share expertise with others, mentor and continually strive to improve overall contributions to the department
- The ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis to the business in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Understanding of category management & profitability concepts including retail accounting, results measurement, assortment analysis/gaps, financial ROI and break-even analysis
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a dynamic presence when presenting in front of a business audience
- A minimum Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or a related field
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access, Microstrategy/Tableau (or other BI Viz tools)
- Experience with CPG, Housewares, Electrics or Furniture categories a plus
- Additional Skills & Characteristics:
- Ability to drive outcomes and deliver results
- Detail and process oriented
- Intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrates ownership & accountability in all efforts
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.