If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.
Are you a natural negotiator? Do you enjoy the challenge of successfully influencing others to understand and support your point of view? In this role as a Pricing Manager, you will influence various cross-functional teams in order to collectively develop pricing solutions for care management and wellness products / programs that best meet the needs of our clients.
- Price OptumHealth products by evaluating the resource utilization and customer value for each product as well as comparing competitor pricing information to be used in customer presentations and Request-For-Proposals
- Effectively work and negotiate with cross-functional teams to include Finance, Sales, Product, Operations, external consultants and customers
- Develop a strong understanding of the business mission through effective interactions with senior leaders and strong working relationships within and outside of Finance
- Assemble and utilize disparate operational and financial data for decision-making
- Build, enhance and maintain pricing models
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent field
- 7+ years of progressive professional experience in Finance, Pricing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all levels within an organization
- Intermediate to Advanced level of proficiency with Excel
- Ability to work across a large and complex matrix of stakeholders, coupled with the ability to thrive in an environment of change and fluctuating priorities
- Ability to think creatively on solutions to complex issues and develop viable alternatives
- Ability to use sound business judgment in ambiguous situations
- Ability to analyze complex data and make decisions and clearly articulate reasons for making a decision
- Skilled at negotiating with multiple constituencies
- Ability to synthesize analysis and present findings to executive level audiences
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.