UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking a Principal Architect to work within our Optum Connect Team.
- Ensure understanding of business capabilities/processes (current and future)
- Ensure quality of requirements for solutions development (e.g., VFQs)
- Identify/quantify scope and impact of business changes on systems
- Incorporate software and system architecture (e.g., infrastructure, network) into conceptual designs (e.g., system flow diagrams)
- Identify commercially-available products that can enable the development and/or delivery of the solution
- Facilitate/lead/participate in identification of solution options and features (e.g., solutioning sessions)
- Identify/select proper solutions based on defined criteria
- Analyze/identify applicable solution requirements (e.g., infrastructure, software database)
- Communicate solution options to business owners/stakeholders (e.g., architecture reviews)
- Utilize applicable standards, and provide/document rationale for variances from standards
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of professional IT experience
- 5+ years in HealthCare based technology Platform Architecture
- 5+ years experience with large, complex projects
5+ years translating complex designs into MS Visio Diagrams
- Graduate degree
- Engineering/Architecture Level Experience with Healthsuite Platform
- Engineering/Architecture Level Experience with QNXT Platform
- Experience with Public Cloud Environments, Azure Preferred
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.