The Principal Architect is accountable for working with UHC organizations in facilitating new cross-product initiatives, applying new software methodologies and working with business partners. The individual will focus on converting requirements into the architecture and design that ultimately constitutes the blueprint for the solution. In that framework, the Solution Architect usually relies on solution and design patterns from previous engagements, published reference architectures, and guidance from enterprise architecture. In their efforts, the Solution Architect balances architectural concerns of the initiatives with the concerns of the enterprise.
If you are located near Minnetonka, MN, Hartford, CT or Cypress, CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Ensure that the solution architecture aligns with the roadmaps established by enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to enterprise architecture principles
- Consumer and contributor to enterprise architecture collateral. Often, the patterns and guidance solution architects develop become reusable in a broader enterprise architecture context
- Assist in defining the scope of an initiative, potential impact and determine an overall solution design
- Assigned to initiatives to perform research, facilitate JAD/discovery sessions, creation of documentation and artifacts, and identify and resolve issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in a variety of IT positions
- 5+ years of experience with IT Solution Architecture, Systems Integration or Business Analysis
- 5+ years of experience with systems analysis, design, coding, and testing at all levels
- Experience with large-scale IT system integration and architecture solutions
- Demonstrated experience adapting to new processes and models
- Experience working with productivity tools (e.g. MS Office suite), architecture modeling tools (e.g. Sparx EA, Alfabet) and related modeling languages (e.g. ArchiMate 2.0, UML)
- Experience leading JAD sessions with a variety of business and technology stakeholders
- Experience with multiple development frameworks and methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, Agile, SAFe)
- Experience in architecture patterns of integration, information delivery, portals and workflow
- Experience designing or developing new healthcare products
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Principal Architects, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Hartford, CT, Connecticut, Cypress, CA, California