At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Effectively acquires, manages and grows profitable account relationships with an extensive percentage of complex and large sized business customers that have annual gross sales of generally more than $5MM and less than $20MM. Ensures the overall success & growth of an assigned portfolio by deepening relationships of existing customers and through the acquisition of new customers. Proactively partners with existing customers in order to fully understand their businesses, goals, strategies and challenges. Accurately assesses their financial needs for the purpose of formulating a business plan and delivering an effective variety of financial products and services in order to help the customer succeed financially. Performs effective financial analysis and underwriting in the areas of credit, cash flow and collateral. Effectively partners with other Bankers and lines of business to deliver the full complement of Wells Fargo products and services. May structure and complete straight forward secured and unsecured business loans. Typically provides guidance to Business Relationship Managers and Senior Business Relationship Managers.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business banking, sales, or credit-related experience
- 8+ years of business banking experience
- Complex commercial credit underwriting experience
- Experience addressing and resolving complex customer issues
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with customers, clients, and colleagues
- Experience in business-to-business sales
- Experience meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Ability to handle information professionally and confidentially
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Portfolio management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong prospecting, sales, negotiation, and influence skills
- Leadership skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, economics, accounting, finance, or other business related field
- Customer service focus with the ability to listen to customer needs and recommend solutions
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.