Positions in this function are involved in the development, communication and implementation of the organization's technology architecture and applications plan, including the components required to support it and in the integration of corporate and business architectures and applications. Responsible for coordinating, administering and supporting activities related to data planning, data recovery and development and related projects.
- Performing all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, and code development & testing
- Designing and implementing product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Design, develop and test reusable frameworks, libraries and Java components
- Working very closely with Architecture group and driving technical solutions
- Be innovative in solution design and development to meet the needs of the business
- Address the performance issues and design the solutions to meet low latency needs
- Use Big data technologies to enrich and transform data and do data analytics, machine learning
- Lead technology decisions, drive product implementation and delivery
- Support the implementation and drive it to stable state in production
- Provide alternate design solutions along with project estimates
- Reviewing code and providing feedback relative to best practices, improving performance etc.
- Troubleshooting production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Demonstrate substantial depth of knowledge and experience in a specific area of Big Data and Java development
- Drive the team and collaborate to meet project timelines
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 8 + years software engineering experience
- 5+ years hands-on expertise with Java, Unix, and SQL
- 3+ years hands-on expertise with Big Data technologies: Spark, Kafka, HDFS, Canonical Models
- 2+ years hands on expertise with Java Applications programs, and frameworks
- Experience with application security, Git, Dockers, CI/CD tools, cabernets and practices
- Agile scrum experience
- Clear and concise communication, able to articulate clearly with Tech & Business teams
- Experience in Healthcare.
- Knowledge in Big Data Technologies including R, Python.
- Elastic search experience
- Strong experience with enterprise application architecture and enterprise integration patterns
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: software engineering, java, unix, SQL, big data, Spark, Kafka, HDFS, Canonical Models, java applications, java frameworks, application security, Git, Dockers, CI/CD tools, cabernets, agile, scrum, R, python, Elastic search, enterprise application architecture, enterprise integration patterns healthcare, Minnesota, Boston