On the one hand, no industry is moving faster than health care. On the other, no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. That’s what makes this senior-level opportunity so inviting. Our goal is simple. Use data and technology in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. Join us and put your advanced knowledge and skills to work guiding project scope, time frames, funding needs, staffing requirements, allotment of resources and more as you help leaders of key business areas build solutions that meet their customer needs in a competitive and effective way.
Insurance Solutions is at a critical juncture with the implementation of new capabilities supporting Claims Operations (BFF-FOX, Master Data Management), Admin Policy, Marketing (Next Best Action) using the best practices and existing UHG business strategy artifacts as a base. Data Quality is a critical component to improve our analytics and the role is crucial to lead and guide Data control and Data Quality processes to support Claims Operations, Actuarial, Product and Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Legal/Regulatory, Finance, Competitive Intelligence, etc, as well as external partners supporting these business areas.
- Working with data stewards and data managers: assist in leading data quality initiatives, propose defect prevention processes and techniques, conduct data quality assessments, and coordinate data quality improvement efforts.
- The Principal Data Quality Analyst is a catalyst for continuous improvement and cost reduction that leads to improving the business value of data and information.
- Clearly articulate business value derived from data quality approaches/initiatives; define and implement practical solutions; and construct efficient methods for measuring changes in data quality across the enterprise.
- Shape and influence a data-driven, decision-based culture.
- Assist in defining the mission, goals, critical success factors, principles, and policies for data and information quality
- Assist in formulating and conducting awareness DQ forums, both formal and informal
- Formulate plans for establishing and operating a data quality practice
- Facilitate and document meetings with stewards, stakeholders, development teams
- Prepare formal reports and presentations of findings and recommendations.
- Provide thought leadership and participate with projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processes
- Propose practices that will prevent data quality problems
- Coordinate the prioritization and implementation of data quality improvement initiatives
- Work to include data quality prevention techniques and methods into the SDLC and business process engineering methods.
- Develop control structures within an enterprise environment to ensure the accuracy and quality of data across all critical applications, processes, repositories, reports, extracts, and any other data management process
- Ensure controls are in place over critical data elements between applications to ensure the data integrity by performing data integrity gap analysis.
- Conduct audits of data quality using sound sampling and statistical estimation techniques
- Conduct profiling of data sets to ascertain and validate data domains and relationships
- Assess the business value of data in accordance with an approved framework
- Conduct data quality assessments and derive metrics for the data elements of most business value.
- Assess and provide metrics of the data quality characteristics of validity, integrity, accuracy, completeness, timeliness control, availability, relevance, usefulness, accessibility, and definition
- Assess and provide metrics of metadata quality characteristics of definition, domain, logical- physical integrity and consistency, data type, change management, lineage, exception documentation, usability restrictions, etc.
- Assess and measure the process capability to capture and maintain the quality of data throughout all business and system processes.
- Determine business requirements for the above metrics and work with business stewards to determine improvement initiatives
- Evaluate the data lineage capabilities of business processes and automated applications to determine adequacy and ability to find root causes of data quality problems.
- Identify the perceived versus real data quality issues and assure explanation of perceived problems to all stakeholders
- Work with business partners to gather and understand functional requirements, develop complex queries and provide reports
- Discover, document, and analyze data collection and data transformation processes to determine the cause of systematic errors or data quality qualify improvement opportunities
- Upon finding root causes of errors, propose solution or options for correction and prevention.
- Provide a framework for determining the priority of data quality correction activities
- Coordinate data correction processes and the resolution of data integrity gaps by working with the business owners and IT.
- Assure that the change management process is used appropriately for both correction and preventions and that data quality problems do not recur.
A combined 10 years of experience in the following areas is required:
data quality specialization
DQ strategy implementation and strong understanding of data quality frameworks within data lifecycle management
Demonstrated experience driving data quality issue investigation and resolution
DQ Tools / Data Governance tools: Collibra, Trillium, IDQ, Global ID or similar
Detailed understanding of Informatica 10.x Components or
Detailed understanding of Trillium 15.x Components
work with executives in promoting quality as a strategic business imperative
experience in the use of control charts for visualization and management of process quality
success in implementing Data Governance policies and standards
success in implementing a data quality practice in a large company
experience is relating compliance and quality initiatives
experience with automated systems that require full history and traceability, and in articulating the quality impact of these features
3-5 years of Healthcare or Insurance experience desired
2+ years of experience managing teams
Healthcare industry experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.