Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
IHR is developing an exciting new technology platform that will enable health plans, clinical practices, and all who provide patient care better use of patient health data to drive better treatment decision support, higher clinical quality, a reduction in treatment variation, fewer gaps in care, and improved affordability. This platform bridges the traditional divide between providers and payers and will transform the ways in which each person's health care is delivered and experienced.
The IHR is seeking highly motivated leaders to serve as agile development team Scrum Masters on this rewarding program. As a Scrum Master, you will be responsible for keeping one or more teams efficiently moving forward in concert with many other teams as part of a very large collective effort. Individual teams will have different areas of focus including data sourcing, data integration, application development, rules engine configuration, user interface configuration, and data provisioning. Following in the Scrum Master tradition of being the team’s servant leader, you will play the role of team facilitator, collaborator, coach, and champion of our scalable agile methodology.
- Facilitating the team’s engagement in the program by eliminating barriers to progress
- Coaching team members on scalable agile methodology
- Assisting and/or conducting the planning of development iterations
- Assisting in the writing and refining of user stories
- Conducting daily scrums and representing your team(s) in periodic “Scrum of Scrums” meetings
- Conducting sprint planning, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives
- Continuously updating the team backlog of features and user stories, and contributing to the management of the overall product backlog
- Conducting “Inspect and Adapt” workshops
- In general, leading the team to be as productive as possible while maintaining high standards of quality
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in an IT application development or data warehousing environment
- 4+ years of IT project management experience
- Experience using agile delivery methods on at least one previous project
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio
- PMP, Six Sigma, or Scrum Master certification
- 2+ years of healthcare industry experience
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Principal Program Manager, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota