UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are building highly resilient and scalable data platform that consumers will use to search, discover, curate and retrieve data from a massive data lake built on HDFS and MapR. Consumers will have options to run analytics, reporting, wrangling, and machine learning capabilities on this self-service platform. This way we are liberating data for business, data scientists and business operational to maximize full potential of our data assets with appropriate authorization that complies different data security policies and governance.
We are looking for innovative engineering mind to join our team who is inspired to solve complex problem and enjoys collaborating with other engineering minds. The technology architect is accountable for proactively and holistically creating or supporting design / architecture activities that create deliverable that guide business models, process, and technology investments in response to disruptive forces and toward achieving targeted business outcomes.
- Take the lead to design different use cases in regards to Data Platform consumption layer in conjunction with gaining technical understanding of Big Data technologies and in particular gain working technical knowledge of managing massive volumes of data leveraging Java, Hadoop, Spark and ElasticSearch
- Working hands on to develop proofs-of-concepts (POC) to identify viable options for implementing a particular data management need
- Writing code in some capacity to share knowledge and for POC demonstration for other developers and stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience
- 3+ years of experience as an application / solution / technology architect designing enterprise level platform and application that includes multiple tiers (presentation, business, data) with proper identity and access management in place
- 7+ years of progressive experience as a data focus technical lead or application architect with hands on experience of design, coding, scripting and supporting different platform and software products
- 7+ years of experience as a designer and developer writing code in Java, Node, Angular, React.js in a DevOps environment where CI/CD, automated testing, test driven development is part of the development responsibilities
- 3+ years of demonstrated professional experience with statistical software suites (SAS, R, ); strong understanding of database structure, relational database concepts, Big data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Aster), and data architecture; exposure to Unix environments
- 2+ years of experience in data wrangling and data visualization using various tools such as Dremio, Kibana, Elastic Search etc
- 2+ years of experience with real-time data ingestion and data streaming technologies such as Kafka
- Progressive industry experience in data analysis methods and tools
- A good working knowledge of physical/cloud database design
- A good working knowledge of SQL/NoSQL Data base technologies
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies, Scrum, Kanbans, Sprint planning
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate quantitative data from multiple sources using statistical modeling, analytical methods, and critical thinking skills
- A working knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau, Qlikview, Plotly, or Sisense
- Demonstrated professional experiences with Jupyter Notebook, Python, R, Scala
- Demonstrated ability to explore large dataset using TensorFlow or other AI/ML technologies
- Must know concepts include how to build predictive and regression models, machine learning
- Supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms, time-series forecasting, data-reduction techniques, neural networks, etc
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration, teamwork, and cross-functional communication within a business environment
- Effective, concise, and professional written, verbal and presentation skills, both technical and non-technical
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Clustering knowledge
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: principle technology architect, enterprise architect, architect, application architect, solution architect, migrate code, technical lead, developer, java, node, angular, React.js, Devops, CI/CD, automated testing, test driven development, statistical software suites, SAS, R, Hadoop, Aster, data architecture, unix, data wrangling, data visualization, dremio, kibana, Elastic Search, Kafka, data streaming, SQL, NoSQL, agile, scrum, sprint, Tableau, Qlikview, Plotly, Sisense, Jupyter Notebook, Python, R, Scala, TensorFlow, AI/ML, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Clustering, minnesota