At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Small Business Administration (SBA) Lending has an opportunity for a talented, highly motivated, credit savvy professional for the position of Private/Business Loan Underwriter 3 located in our Phoenix, Arizona; Escondido or Roseville, California locations.
SBA Lending is part of the Business Banking Group within Wholesale Banking. As a whole, SBA is responsible for the production, management and servicing of a $10B+ portfolio of government guaranteed SBA 7(A) loans and 504 real estate loans.
The Lending Team is responsible for underwriting, approval and credit quality of a growing book of SBA business. This individual will be responsible for credit underwriting and approval activities of government guaranteed SBA 7(A) loans and 504 real estate loans in this hub.
- Examine loan request for SBA eligibility testing
- Analysis and disposition of complex business and personal financial statements and tax returns for commercial customers and high net worth individuals
- Produce and recommend credit analysis for management approval
- Timely identification and documentation of adverse & key credit risk
- Ability to structure credit to meet needs of both bank & borrower while minimizing credit risk
- SBA guaranty maintenance to limit any guaranty impairment
- Timely management and decision of customer credit requests
- Proactive management of accounts with closers and the sales force to minimize portfolio attrition
- Maintenance of division’s FEG and compliance requirements
- Makes sound/correct underwriting recommendations
- Direct customer contact
- Analyzing third party reports
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of underwriting experience
- 2+ years of commercial underwriting experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Commercial loan experience
- Strong commercial credit analysis skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM, Small Business Administration products, or Credit Origination systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Small Business Administration (SBA) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Policies
- Knowledge and understanding of Business Lending and Sales Tracking (BLAST) credit fulfillment
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.