At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo SBA (Small Business Administration) Lending has an opportunity for a talented, highly motivated, credit savvy professional for the position of Private/Business Loan Underwriter 3 located in Roseville, California. SBA Lending is part of the Business Banking Group within Wholesale Banking. As a whole, SBA is responsible for the production, management and servicing of a $10B+ portfolio of government guaranteed SBA 7(A) loans and 504 real estate loans.
This position is with the SBA Portfolio Management Group (PMG) and will be responsible for management for a large, existing 504 and 7a loan portfolio. This individual will be responsible for successful management of a portfolio of past due accounts, and credit underwriting and approval activities of government guaranteed SBA 7a loans and 504 real estate loans in this hub.
- Management and servicing of a large portfolio of existing SBA 7a and 504 loans
- Compilation and concise analysis of complex credit, financial data and identification of key credit risk
- Makes sound/correct underwriting recommendations and approvals
- Restructuring of the loans in terms of refinancing options, collateral substitutions, and also loan right-sizing are some additional responsibilities
- Timely triage of problem loans, periodic assessment of portfolio risk, satisfactory resolution of customer inquiries and requests, other projects as assigned
- Handle challenging customer issues and providing options and solutions
- Successful management of past due accounts
- Administrative functions are also a part of this position like billing address issues, late payment follow-up, etc.
- May perform research and analysis related to loan projects
- Mentor less experienced underwriters
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of underwriting experience
- 3+ years of commercial underwriting experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Commercial loan experience
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Knowledge and understanding of Small Business Administration (SBA) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Policies
- Exposure to Wells Fargo SVP (Store Vision Platform)
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Leadership experience
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.