At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Our Business Banking Credit Services Team has an exciting opportunity for a Private Business Loan Underwriter 4 to join our underwriting team in Charlotte, North Carolina!
Analyzes most complex financial and credit information for larger Commercial business or high net worth customer loans according to business unit standards. Underwrites high net worth loans with higher aggregate credit exposure and may manage a more complex portfolio and customer base. Compiles, analyzes, and documents loan data and credit risk, borrower and property information. May perform research and analysis related to loan projects, such as industry studies and management reports. May cross-sell products and services. May negotiate loan provisions. May mentor or review analysis of less experienced underwriters.
***Job posting may be removed earlier than stated close date due to volume of applicants.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates. If you plan to be away the office, update to include your personal email to ensure you do not miss communication through the selection process.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: underwriting, financial analysis or deal structuring in financial services, private banking, corporate/investment banking, or capital markets
- 6+ years of commercial underwriting experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Commercial loan experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Successful completion of the Wells Fargo formal Credit Training Program
- Knowledge and understanding of loan structuring across broad spectrum of product and loan types
- Business banking experience
- Ability to receive and transmit written communications
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to gather, organize, and interpret data
NC-Charlotte: 8505 Ibm Drive - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.