At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Small Business Administration (SBA) Lending has an opportunity for a talented, highly motivated, credit savvy professional for the position of Private/Business Loan Underwriter 4 located in our Roseville, California or Phoenix, Arizona location.
SBA Lending is part of the Business Banking Group within Wholesale Banking. As a whole, SBA is responsible for the production, management and servicing of a $10B+ portfolio of government guaranteed SBA 7(A) loans and 504 real estate loans.
The Lending Team is responsible for underwriting, approval and credit quality of a growing book of SBA business. This individual will be responsible for credit underwriting and approval activities of government guaranteed SBA 7(A) loans and 504 real estate loans in this hub.
- Examine loan requests for SBA eligibility testing
- Business/personal financial analysis in accordance with SBA 7A, Express and 504 loan programs
- Analysis and disposition of complex business and personal financial statements and tax returns for commercial customers and high net worth individuals
- Underwriting loans with aggregate credit exposure based upon approved credit authority limits
- Timely identification and documentation of adverse & key credit risk
- Ability to structure credit to meet needs of both bank & borrower while minimizing credit risk
- Proactive Management of accounts with closers and the sales force to minimize portfolio attrition
- Investigating credit standards and determining credit worthiness of businesses
- Analyzing third party reports
- May perform research and analysis related to loan projects
- May negotiate loan provisions
- Makes sound/correct underwriting recommendations
- Mentors or reviews analysis of less experienced underwriters
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: underwriting, financial analysis or deal structuring in financial services, private banking, corporate/investment banking, or capital markets
- 4+ years of commercial underwriting experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Commercial loan experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Strong commercial credit analysis skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM, Small Business Administration products, or Credit Origination systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Small Business Administration (SBA) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Policies
CA-Roseville: 1620 E Roseville Pky - Roseville, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.