There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody - only those who want to positively impact the health of patients in their own environment. Ready for a new path? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is seeking talented individuals for our Home Infusion Per Diem RN opportunities. We are delivering specialized infusion therapy services in patient homes and ambulatory infusion suites. Our elite team of Infusion Nurses is growing and we want YOU to join this dynamic and exciting group. Enjoy a flexible PRN opportunity while providing compassionate and highly skilled care to patients.
We are now BriovaRx Infusion Services, and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies.
- Competitive compensation
- Mileage reimbursement
- One - to - one patient care and teaching
- The satisfaction that comes with knowing your care allows a patient to heal at home!
The Home Infusion Per Diem RN fills an integral role in the clinical operations of the organization, working collaboratively with a multi - disciplinary team to ensure infusion therapy can be safely and effectively administered to each home-based patient.
*** Per diem RNs will be asked to provide schedule availability on a regular basis, and expected to work those days indicated as available unless otherwise called off duty ***
- Travel to provide skilled nursing care for infusion patients in their home or an ambulatory infusion suite
- Teach patients and their care givers to achieve the highest level of independence possible in self - care and monitoring of their infusion therapy
- Assess the patients’ condition and response to therapy, taking action as needed to facilitate achievement of treatment goals
- Collaborate with physicians and pharmacists on the patient plan of care and treatment, communicating status changes and implementing new orders as received
- Establish trust and build therapeutically effective relationships with patients and their families
- Active and unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state(s) of practice and others as requested.
- One (1)+ years of experience working as an RN in a clinical care setting that contributes to proficiency in infusion therapy (such as medical surgical unit, emergency department, intensive care unit, post - anesthesia care unit, or similar setting).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Willing and able to work independently in home or alternate - site settings.
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable travel to customer and/or patient sites.
- Experience administering infusion therapy in a home or alternate-site setting.
- Knowledge of the Infusion Nursing Society (INS) standards of practice, policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA patient privacy and data security requirements, OSHA employee protection regulations, and The Joint Commission’s accreditation standards for home health and home infusion pharmacy (or other relevant accrediting organizations).
Careers with BriovaRx Infusion Services. If you choose a career with BriovaRx Infusion Services, you’ll join a team that is dedicated not only to delivering the latest in home infusion therapy, but also providing that care in a patient-first approach that offers better outcomes. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we strive to help our patients feel comfortable in their regimen so they can receive the treatment they need while maintaining the lifestyle they prefer. At BriovaRx Infusion Services, you’ll join a team that inspires you to do better every day, resulting in your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Home Infusion, IV, Infusion Therapy, Infusion, ER, ICU, Critical Care, PACU, Acute Care, Home Health