The staff nurse / per diem is a registered professional nurse who administers skilled nursing care to patients requiring professional nursing service and teaches and supervises the family and other members of the nursing team. Each staff nurse performs nursing services for residents within the licensed areas serviced by the company or those counties deemed contingent by the Department of Health. These services are performed in accordance with the physician’s orders and under the direction and supervision of the RNM or DON.
Must be able to work up to 15 hours per week. This position will cover Birmingham, AL and surrounding areas (Cullman, Jasper, Aniston, Gadsden, Shelby County). Must be available for on-call requirements of 1 night a week and 1 weekend a month.
- Obtaining a medical history, particularly as it relates to the present condition, from the patient and / or family member(s)
- Conducting a physical examination of the patient, including vital signs, physical assessment, mental status, appetite and type of diet, etc.
- Evaluating the patient, family member(s) and home situation to determine what health teaching will be required
- Evaluating the patient’s environment to determine what assistance will be available from family members in caring for the patient
- Interpreting nursing and other services of the Agency to patients and families as a part of planning for care
- Developing and implementing the nursing care plan
- Provides skilled nursing care as outlined in the nursing care plan
- Nursing services, treatments and preventative procedures as ordered by the physician
- Observing signs and symptoms and reporting to the physician reactions to treatments, including drugs, and changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition
- Teaching, supervising and counseling the patient and caregivers regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the patient at home
- Charts those services the staff nurse has rendered to the patient, changes noted in the patient’s condition and / or family and home situation, makes revisions in the nursing care plan as needed, evaluates patient care and progress
- Evaluates the effectiveness of his / her nursing service to the individual and family
- Consults with the nursing coordinator for possible alterations of the plan of treatment
- Submits clinical notes no less often than weekly, and progress notes and other clinical record forms outlining the services rendered as indicated
- Participates in case conferences
- Discusses with the supervisor problems concerning the patients and how they may best be handled
- Cooperates with other agencies providing nursing or related services to provide continuity of care and to implement a comprehensive care plan
- Continually strives to improve his / her nursing care by attending in - service education, through formal education, attendance at workshops, conferences, active participation in professional and related organizations and individual research and reading
- Participates in planning and evaluation of the nursing service
- Maintain an on - going knowledge of current drug therapy
- Registered Nurse license in the state of Alabama
- Graduate of accredited nursing program
- 1+ years as a professional nurse, with strong preference for specific proficiency in infusion therapy
- Knowledgeable and / or experience with current state licensure requirements Knowledgeable and / or experience in HIPAA; OSHA; The Joint Commission (or other accrediting bodies) desired Advanced interpersonal communications, both written and verbal required. Excellent listening skills required Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals including pharmacy, physicians, outside infusion nursing agencies, sales, patients, families, and significant caregivers
- Professional appearance and teaching skills Ability to work independently in home or alternate site settings
- Ability to work under pressure with clinical emergencies if required
- May need to assume a flexible work schedule
- Ability to meet attendance, overtime, on - call, and other reliability requirements of the job
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- 1+ years of home health experience
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office and electronic medical records (EMR) programs preferred
- Knowledge of the Infusion Nursing standards (INS) and nursing process including assessment, problem identification or nursing diagnosis, outcome identification, planning and communicating, implementation, and evaluation
Careers with AxelaCare. Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. That's what you discover at AxelaCare. We were founded by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient - focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIg) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: AL, Alabama, Birmingham, Cullman, Jasper, Aniston, Gadsden, Shelby County, RN, Registered Nurse, CRNI, Home Infusion, Home Therapy, IVIG, INS, CRNI, IV Therapy, PRN, Per Diem