- Flexible work schedule
- Mileage reimbursement
- Competitive compensation
- Focus on one - on - one patient teaching
- Being able to support our moms at a very difficult time in their lives
Must be available to work at least 3 days per week. On-call requirements: At least 2 days a week and 1 weekend a month. Must be able to see patients in the Indianapolis, IN area.
- Provide skilled nursing care for expectant mothers in the home care environment
- Travel to provide in - home patient care and continuous education to patients and family members
- Continually assess the mothers’ condition to ensure they are safe in the home environment
- Modify the plan of care, as appropriate, based upon reassessment, change in prescriber orders, the patient’s need for further care or services and the achievement of identified goals
- Establish trust and build long term relationships with expectant mothers
- Provide clinical support to key physicians / hospitals upon request
- RN required in the state that you reside (must be active and unrestricted)
- 1+ years of labor and delivery or obstetrical nursing experience (high risk perinatal, antepartum)
- Ability to utilize Windows 7 programs to include Word, Email and Internet
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Home care experience
- 3+ years’ experience in labor and delivery or obstetrical nursing (high risk perinatal, antepartum)
- IV infusion competency
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Per Diem, Home Visit, OB Nurse, High Risk, Home Care, L & D, Labor and Delivery, Perinatal, Antepartum, Optum, Indiana, Indianapolis, IN, Marion County