DescriptionThe Field Care Manager, Behavioral Health 2 assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Field Care Manager, Behavioral Health 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Field Care Manager, Behavioral Health 2 employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member's physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through assessments and/or evaluations. May create member care plans. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
Typically requires Master's degree or equivalent and less than 5 years of technical experience
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- 1+ years of home health experience or equivalent
- Applicable State licensure in field of study
- Additional information: This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana/Senior Bridge's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- Associates working in the State of Florida will need ACHA Level II Background clearance.
- This role is part of Humana's Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100/300/100 limits
Bilingual a plus
Scheduled Weekly Hours40