Genoa Healthcare, LLC. is the leading pharmacy and telepsychiatry provider serving the behavioral health and addiction treatment communities for over 15 years. We are a rapidly growing and successful organization with a nation-wide network of pharmacies and providers. We are guided by our CARE Values. What we do is more than just provide medicine. We change lives for the better. And on the best of days, we help people get their lives back. We love what we do. It’s a privilege. It’s a challenge. It matters.
We seek a PRN Pharmacy Technician and Medication Coordinator to fill in as needed for vacation time, sick time and maternity leave and support all functions of the Genoa Healthcare mental health pharmacy, primarily through dispensing medical prescriptions, and performing necessary clerical duties while under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
This is an on-call position only to cover for the permanent Technicians and Medication Coordinators are on leave and would be asked to travel to Middleburg, Yulee, Jacksonville, FL and other surrounding areas.
Set hours so far are to cover in pharmacy as Pharmacy Tech for 4-6 weeks AND as Consumer Medication Coordinator in Yulee, FL at our partnering clinic for 6 weeks.
Ongoing PRN work as needed in area pharmacies and clinic locations.
GREAT foot in the door opportunity !
Daily communication with mentally ill patients, building relationships with clinic staff and consumers with an eagerness to problem solve any issues that arise.
Outgoing and friendly personality is required to provide special care to our consumers. Marketing pharmacy Rx services is a daily task.
Candidates MUST have Pharmacy Technician License for the STATE in which you are applying with experience in Pharmacy Technician work.
Hours are M-F / 8-5 and travel is required. Mileage paid when traveling to additional location not assigned.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients and members of the clinic staff
- Under direct supervision of the registered pharmacist, fills compounds and prescription orders and makes them available for verification by the Pharmacist. Once verified by the pharmacist, dispenses the prescriptions.
- Order, receive and store incoming pharmacy supplies.
- Receive and process wholesaler medication orders.
- Verify medication stock and enter data in computer to maintain inventory records.
- Help maintain a clean organized work environment.
- Perform various clerical duties relating to the department.
- Work with the pharmacist to assist in the pharmacy functions and keeping the pharmacy in compliance with all federal and state requirements.
- Occasional medication delivery to consumers.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Must be a licensed Pharmacy Technician in the state you are applying to work.
- Some Pharmacy Technician experience is required
- PTCB Certification is preferred, but not required for all states
- Candidates for the position will be subject to a standard reference, background check and drug screening.
- Must have or be willing to get your own Professional Liability insurance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
Please go to the website to apply, do not contact the Pharmacy directly.