DescriptionThe Referral Coordinator 2 schedules and pre-registers patients for exams and procedures with specialists and providers outside of the primary care physician's office. The Referral Coordinator 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Referral Coordinator 2 gathers and communicates all relative information and preparation instructions to patient and referring providers. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient with medical terminology
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent professional communication abilities, at all levels within the organization and with patients, at all time
- Administrative experience
- Must be able to work on call after hours and weekends
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration
- Referral experience
- Medicare experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Scheduled Weekly Hours1