DescriptionThe Field Care Manager Nurse 2 assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Field Care Manager Nurse 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
As a Home Health RN you will provide direct care to members and their families according to the established plan of care. As a Home Health RN you will provide a multidisciplinary approach to care.
The Home Health RN position includes the following:
- Provides nursing services within the scope of practice authorized by the license issued by the state of Texas for a registered nurse;
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es);
- Serves as case manager in all cases nursing and therapy for which he / she may be conducting assessments and visits;
- Is responsible for the clinical record for each patient receiving nursing services;
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs;
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change;
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis;
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process;
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician;
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs;
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty (60) days; assures that progress reports are made to the physician, physician assistant, or advanced nurse practitioner when the patient’s condition changes or there are deviations from the plan of care;
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided every two (2) weeks.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care, certified home health experience in an institutional setting.
- Current licensure in state of Florida and CPR certification.
- One (1) year of home health care experience preferred.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order;
- Working knowledge of OASIS preferred;
- Working knowledge of computer systems;
- Knowledge of regulations and understanding of meeting state and federal requirements for respective services a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and to making accommodation available to provide services to a diverse population;
- Ability to work well under pressure; critical thinker;
- Bi-lingual a plus
Nice to Have
- Oasis Certification
- Bachelor's Degree
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage SMS Text/Voice Messaging to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage SMS Text/Voice Messaging allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule
Scheduled Weekly Hours40