DescriptionBe a part of the Information Technology team - gather requirements and present solutions that improve business processes and systems.
Humana is seeking a Business Consultant that will collaborate with the business and IT partners in developing solutions and alternative approaches to solving a given problem. They understand requirements in the broadest context of business problems and opportunities, having a broader perspective than one domain. They know and understand the business domain information (processes, rules, business data model) for one or more domains, and use this background to envision improvements and solutions.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand a business problem in both depth and breadth, and then propose one or more solutions for the problem that addresses the need in a systemic and cross-domain fashion.
- Co-design, guide, and support the implementation of solutions for business processes that meet the requirements of project owners, and connect to upstream and downstream impacts.
- Serve as go-to resource for analysts and other project stakeholders for information and guidance on business rules and processes for assigned business areas.
- Ensure that solution requirements are properly documented, such as use cases, user stories, process flow charts, screen mock-ups, test scenarios, and test cases.
- Create and lead initiatives for special projects, developing a greater understanding of system and environmental issues in the process.
- Work alongside the business to review and analyze results, assisting business areas with issue resolution.
- Identify issues or areas for improvement and facilitate follow-up efforts to address.
- Contribute to final decisions regarding the readiness of product release.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with all impacted business areas.
- Mentor business analysts within their assigned business areas.
Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Engineering or similar
Demonstrated experience with Customer Relationship Management tools (MS Dynamics preferred)
Demonstrated experience mentoring others
Demonstrated experience in a consultative role (prefer within a Sales Organization
- Master’s Degree of Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field
- Strong demonstrated experience working with relational databases
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage SMS Text/Voice Messaging to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage SMS Text/Voice Messaging allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule
Scheduled Weekly Hours40