DescriptionThe Data and Reporting Professional 2 generates ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts. The Data and Reporting Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The associate in this role will partner with the business areas and IT for issue resolution and insuring process efficiency.
Humana is seeking a candidate who can Analyze, develop and track key metrics, performance indicators, trends and comprehensive data to improve processes and or to develop applications to resolve underlying issues related to specific processes. The incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
Perform advanced analyses to identify trends, patterns, gaps and insights, and develop tactical and strategic recommendations
Work with the business to identify opportunities for improvement in business operations and processes
Research and understand business objectives related to project goals
Interact with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their problems and needs
- Less than 5 years of technical experience in data reporting
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Experience creating automated reports and self-service tools
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong analysis, critical thinking, and analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with attention to detail
- Ability to detect trends
- Experience working with large volumes of data (summarizing, reviewing for anomalies).
- Experience developing dashboards and reporting with visualization in mind
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 1+ years of experience in SQL, SAS, QlikView and Tableau
- In-depth experience in Microsoft Excel including formulas, pivots, charts, and graphs
- Experience in managed care or health care sector
- Prior experience working in a system analytics and/or data warehousing environment
Scheduled Weekly Hours40