At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Cards & Retail Services team helps customers achieve their financial dreams by providing a variety of products across the credit spectrum. We deliver industry-leading rewards, offers and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo. Our customers all have unique goals and dreams - whether preparing for a home improvement project, shopping for a new sofa or kitchen table or meeting healthcare and dental needs. Others just want a financial tool that allows them to make everyday purchases while earning rewards. Our team works together with groups across the company, including the bankers in our 6,200 banking stores, to provide financing in the form of general-purpose cards, co-branded cards and private-label and industry cards. Our team is 6,700 strong, working in communities across the nation, and focused on doing our very best to help our customers succeed financially.
The Process Engineer 1 position will be responsible for leveraging process improvement methodologies and analytics to identify actionable improvement opportunities and insights to improve operations from effectiveness, efficiency and operational risk standpoint. This individual will work with many different groups to drive improvement actions on these insights.
- Assist in the development and execution of process redesign initiatives that encompass analyses of end-to-end processes as they exists today, and future state considerations
- Assist in integrated process analyses using established process tools to identify control gaps and to recommends solutions
- Identifies process improvement opportunities from effectiveness, efficiency, customer experience and operational risk standpoint using various process improvement tools
- Establish a process management framework of ongoing monitoring to quickly identify potential issues and put in place processes to promptly pinpoint root causes and to address these issues
- Serve as the iGrafx Librarian for Cards & Retail Services providing iGrafx expertise & support and ensuring adherence to Enterprise modeling standards
- Co-ordinate & facilitate the management of the Cards & Retail Services Process Inventory & related Taxonomy partnering with Process Owners & Process Managers in change management & certification protocols
- Create & maintain Process Maps in iGrafx following BPMN standards and industry best practice taxonomies (Value Stream, APQC etc.)
- Identify and implement a comprehensive system of preventive and systemic control monitoring in place that act as leading indicators of potential future issues or opportunities
- Leverage analytics to identify anomalies that may lead to identification of potential issues or improvement opportunities
- Identify trends and perform holistic analysis of various trends by working with a broad range of partner groups, such as Operations, Finance, Product, Marketing, etc.
- Create environment of best practice sharing and continuous improvement working with other consumer-like businesses
- Complete benchmarking with other external and internal groups to identify opportunities of improvements
- Work with senior leaders of the organization and present findings and updates
Specifically, we seek:
- Personal Capabilities (Solves problems and analyzes issues): This individual must be able to analyze complex issues, understand multiple constituents’ points of view, and arrive at a well-balanced, informed opinion of the issue.
- Focus on Results (Takes initiative): This individual must be comfortable stepping into complex issues. This includes proactively identifying issues, gathering the relevant constituents, and escalating as needed.
- Interpersonal Skills (Communicates powerfully and prolifically): This individual must be an active communicator, skilled at both parsing facts from opinions and clearly articulating the elements and resolutions of a complex issue. Must possess excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, and be comfortable communicating up and down within the organization
- Character (Displays high integrity and honesty): This individual must be results focused and driven to get to the right answer, and recognizes that assigning blame (implicitly or explicitly) only slows down the process of solving the issue.
**Preference for role to be located in Charlotte, NC or Des Moines, IA; however, consideration will be given to candidates across the Wells Fargo footprint.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: process engineering, military (supply chain, analytics and/or engineering); or LEAN/Six Sigma Green belt and 3+years of experience in one or a combination of the following: process engineering, military (supply chain, analytics and/or engineering)
- BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, engineering, or physics
- Knowledge and understanding of Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) software such as iGrafx
- Knowledge and understanding of Statistical Analysis software such as Minitab
- Facilitation skills such as Helix
- Change Management skills such as Prosci/ADKAR
- Knowledge and understanding of Rapid Process Automation software such as Blue Prism
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Consumer lending experience
- 2+ years of experience in developing & maintaining Process Inventories & Process Taxonomies
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of process improvement methodologies (Lean/Six Sigma)
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Ability to mine and analyze data form multiple sources while deriving key business insights
- Develop partnerships with many business and functional areas, provide insight into the economic climate and related market developments and identify trends, which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the business.
- Ability to work independently; ability to organize, prioritize, and lead multiple projects in a fast moving environment.
- Relationship building at senior levels and ability to drive decision making through a consensus building approach.
- Advanced knowledge of organizational procedures, operations and applicable compliance rules and regulations.
- Management experience in an analytical or process management environment
- WF Enterprise Process Engineering Intermediate learning level or LEAN/Six Sigma Green Belt must be documented as completed within 1 year of job start date
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.