At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo Enterprise Process Engineering Office (EPEO) is seeking experienced professionals to join an exciting and dynamic team. This individual will join a strategic team within Wells Fargo that is leading and developing a strong Business Process Management mindset, built upon a robust Process Engineering capability. The core contributions will look to improve business and process performance in all aspects of the company and applies to all levels of the organization.
We are seeking a Process Engineer to provide Technical Instruction (in Class) and facilitation of Lean Six Sigma, and Business Process Management tools and methods. This position will facilitate and transfer knowledge in areas including, but not limited to, Process Excellence techniques, Business Process Management and Lean Six Sigma. This position will partner closely with all levels of the organization, with a primary focus on senior to mid-level leadership.
This position is available for Telecommute or Remote options near any of the Wells Fargo footprint locations.
Specific responsibilities will include (among others):
• Effectively transfers knowledge within Executive Workshop sessions to ensure Process Excellence and Business Process Management is understood and promoted at all levels of the organization
• Effectively transfers knowledge within Lean Six Sigma problem solving and improvement tools and techniques to ensure skill and capability transfer to Process Engineers across the company
• Effectively transfers knowledge involving Root Cause and Corrective Action sessions throughout all lines of business
• Prepares a variety of Professional Development reports to track comprehension and improvement opportunities
• The sharing of lessons learned and best practices with others throughout the organization when appropriate
Partnering, & Collaboration
• Provides assistance in the construction and advancement of common enterprise Business Process Management framework, methods, techniques, tools and skills enhancement.
• Drives business awareness of common enterprise process excellence methods, techniques, tools, etc
• Works with Process Improvement Process Engineers to facilitate a variety of skills enhancements as requested
• Collaborate and partner with other enterprise programs or initiatives to help advance the goals of those efforts while advancing the mindset of Business Process Management
• Provide thought leadership in the area of process and continuous improvement, operational excellence, continuous improvement
• Role will require up to 50% business travel
• Provide coaching and mentoring to Process Engineers and LOB management in Six Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvement process, tools, and techniques
• May provide informal 1-on-1 training and formal small to large group training facilitation, coaching, & mentoring
• Provide coaching and mentoring for PEA1 and PE1
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: process engineering, military (supply chain, analytics and/or engineering); or LEAN/Six Sigma Black belt and 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: process engineering, military (supply chain, analytics or engineering)
- BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, engineering, or physics
- Knowledge and understanding of Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) software such as iGrafx
- Knowledge and understanding of Statistical Analysis software such as Minitab
- Facilitation skills such as Helix
- Change Management skills such as Prosci/ADKAR
- Knowledge and understanding of Rapid Process Automation software such as Blue Prism
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Ability to manage complex projects in a large enterprise environment
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
• 5+ years of classroom facilitation and instruction of Lean Six Sigma, Total Quality, and/or other problem solving and process
improvement tools and techniques
• Ability to work effectively with senior management (SVP, EVP’s)
• Strong leadership skills and experience with the ability to coach, manage, lead professionals
• Experience with enterprise capabilities & processes
- WF Enterprise Process Engineering Advanced learning level or LEAN/Six Sigma Black belt must be documented as completed within 1 year of job start date
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.