DescriptionThe Supervisor, Process Improvement analyzes, and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. The Supervisor, Process Improvement works within thorough, prescribed guidelines and procedures; uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors to solve basic problems; collaborates with management and top professionals/specialists in selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approach.
The Supervisor, Process Improvement researches best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data. Collects and analyzes process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on enhanced safety, increased productivity and reduced cost. Determines how new information technologies can support re-engineering business processes. May specialize in one or more of the following areas: benchmarking, business process analysis and re-engineering, change management and measurement, and/or process-driven systems requirements. Decisions are typically are related to schedule, plans and daily operations. Performs escalated or more complex work of a similar nature, and supervises a group of typically support and technical associates; coordinates and provides day-to-day oversight to associates. Ensures consistency in execution across team. Holds team members accountable for following established policies.
- RN licensed in state of Florida without restrictions.
- 3-5 years of clinical Medicare/Medicaid experience.
- Previous leadership experience.
- The ability to develop guidelines/policies and procedures to support program implementation.
- Ability to promote teamwork and a positive working relationship between departments.
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel, Word, Access, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Robust knowledge of contractual and accreditation requirements.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive program development and delivery efforts.
- Ability to measure effectiveness of implemented processes.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate team effectiveness.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- BSN or MSN and 5 + years of clinical Medicare/Medicaid experience.
- Prior experience with Florida’s Medicaid LTSS Program.
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Montage, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40