Department:OH1CH_84730_000 MCHP Provider Contracting
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
MediGold is a not-for-profit Medicare Advantage insurance plan serving seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries in Ohio. We’re dedicated to providing excellent customer service, cost-effective care, and exceptional healthcare coverage. We rely on talented colleagues in a wide variety of professional roles including information technology, financial analysis, audit, provider relations and more.
Job Description Details:
The Procurement Manager will manage MediGold’s vendor procurement and management. Lead negotiations with vendors and suppliers. Manages overall relationships assuring procurement integrity, performance and efficiency, and delegation oversight. Ensures compliance with all internal and external policies and regulatory entities. Works with business owners related to strategic sourcing and contracting efforts.
- Act as the MediGold point of contact for internal business owners, and others as required, related to planning of all current and future procurement and contracting activities
- Negotiating contract terms, pricing and securing appropriate protections to minimize risk.
- Plans, develops and implements procurement policies, procedures, and processes, ensuring effective and timely execution of contracts.
- Ensures tracking of procurement/contracting activities, vendor accountability and customer service levels.
- Oversee formal vendor performance and delegation oversight.
- Manage vendor relations in coordination with key business owners and assisting in research and root cause analysis resolving vendor concerns.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with MediGold’s vendor network, internal department management, other business partners, and Mount Carmel Health System related entities.
- Exhibits a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Travel as required - Use of personal vehicle for Provider visits required.
- Potential for early and late meetings to accommodate provider's schedule.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience in contracting procurement.
- Demonstrated specialized depth and expertise related to procurement services including knowledge of laws, rules, regulations and standardized principles, and practices.
- Excellent negotiation skills, interpersonal sophistication, and customer service focus, along with strong communication (written and verbal), presentation, and interpersonal/relationship building skills.
- Strong understanding and proven experience in executing complex legal agreements including Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, Letter of Agreements and Amendments.
- Excellent analytical skills including financial analysis.
- Ability to effectively navigate in a regulated industry.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.