BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Produce Inspector is responsible inspection of produce deliveries to ensure product ordered adheres to contract and USDA specifications within BJ’s third-party perishable consolidation operation. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administering quality tests on produce commodities
- Documenting inspection results
- Scheduling USDA inspections as required
- Filing required federal, state and food safety documents
- Assisting with training support staff
- Performing quality control audits on outbound shipments
- Conferring with Senior Produce Inspector and/or Produce Buyer when product does not meet contracted grade
- Verifying club shipments and reconciling selection variances in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Monitoring load sequence and affix trailer seals
- Data entry of shipping variances
- Audit inventory to ensure accuracy and investigate discrepancies
- Make inventory adjustment and update Inventory Control Department prior to order processing
- Proficiency in produce inspection procedures with extensive knowledge of produce quality assessment
- Strong understanding of warehouse operations, food safety, USDA inspections, PACA requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Three to five years produce inspection experience in a warehouse or retail environment
- High school diploma required
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.