Produce Supervisor (Full Time)
Orders, displays, replenishes, culls, and processes all quality and code dates in the produce department. Maintains the overall environment of the department by providing assistance to Members through product knowledge. Supervises, trains, coaches, and develops Produce Clerks on club policies and procedures.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides assistance to Members in the produce department. Answers questions, recommends products and safe handling tips, and assists Members with finding products throughout the club.
- Supervises Produce Clerks. Provides customer service and product knowledge training to Team Members. Holds department meetings to update Team Members on club policies and procedures. Prepares schedules for the produce department.
- Trains and develops team members. Assign, supervise and monitor the workload of each team member.
- Assesses team member performance. Provide actionable feedback. Administer coaching for behavior and performance concerns for improvement.
- Provide feedback for team member performance reviews
- Participates in new team member interview process
- Ensures refrigerated produce cases and produce sales floor displays have a full variety of products on display. Ensures produce is properly set, stocked, and rotated. Handles damaged and spoiled goods in accordance with company policy.
- Inspects, date codes, rotates, and stores produce upon delivery. Ensures that all received produce meets or exceeds company produce standards.
- Checks for accurate and compliant UPC markings and weight. Generates signage for produce goods and performs price check functions when necessary. Ensures all items are accurately priced and marked.
- Maintains accurate records of sales and inventory. Orders products to maintain proper inventory levels of all produce products. Conducts produce inventories when necessary.
- Maintains the produce reserve stock area. Dates and rotates all back stock items. Ensures the storage area is organized and condensed daily by following proper work methods on food safety, food freshness, and product handling policies and procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment, display areas, and fixtures, including the produce cooler and refrigerated produce display cases.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Work experience in a produce department preferred.
- Knowledge of fruit and vegetables preferred, including seasonal items.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces and positioning oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers.
Produce Supervisor (Full Time)