BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Orders, displays, replenishes, culls, and processes all quality and code dates in the produce department. Maintains the overall environment of the department by providing assistance to Members through product knowledge. Supervises, trains, coaches, and develops Produce Clerks on club policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to Members in the produce department. Answers questions, recommends products and safe handling tips, and assists Members with finding products throughout the club.
- Supervises Produce Clerks. Provides customer service and product knowledge training to Team Members. Holds department meetings to update Team Members on club policies and procedures. Prepares schedules for the produce department.
- Ensures refrigerated produce cases and produce sales floor displays have a full variety of products on display. Ensures produce is properly set, stocked, and rotated. Handles damaged and spoiled goods in accordance with company policy.
- Inspects, date codes, rotates, and stores produce upon delivery. Ensures that all received produce meets or exceeds company produce standards.
- Checks for accurate and compliant UPC markings and weight. Generates signage for produce goods and performs price check functions when necessary. Ensures all items are accurately priced and marked.
- Maintains accurate records of sales and inventory. Orders products to maintain proper inventory levels of all produce products. Conducts produce inventories when necessary.
- Maintains the produce reserve stock area. Dates and rotates all back stock items. Ensures the storage area is organized and condensed daily by following proper work methods on food safety, food freshness, and product handling policies and procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment, display areas, and fixtures, including the produce cooler and refrigerated produce display cases.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Work experience in a produce department preferred.
- Knowledge of fruit and vegetables preferred, including seasonal items.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.