At Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're getting the word out on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. And that's where you come in. As a Product Manager, you'll strategically and creatively think about how the consumer experience should work ? translating a vision to processes and requirements that impact millions of lives and help heal the health care system. In return, you'll have a lasting impact on our success and the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader.
- Conduct market research; predict customer needs and apply innovative approaches in technology, marketing and service operations to meet those needs
- Define business requirements that address market problems and needs, especially use cases involving provider contracting and fee schedule maintenance
- Identify and communicate client goals / needs as input into product planning efforts
- Develop user stories and use case scenarios to illustrate user / market requirements
- Develop / ensure product documentation and training materials are created for internal and external audiences
- Ensure readiness of all internal and external functional business partners to ensure successful product launch and subsequent releases
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Collaborate with cross-functional and/or cross-segment teams
- Navigate and influence multiple cross-functional teams in a complex, matrix work environment
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of Product Management, Human Centered Design, or IT Systems Analysis experience
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Visio
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of health/medical industry/insurance and benefits
- Detail-oriented and proactive thinker linking activities to strategy and innovation
- Able to work across a large matrix organization and manage change, ambiguity, and urgency
- Able to establish collaborative relationships quickly with constituents
- Strong technical writing skills. The ability to take the lead role in translating client needs into comprehensive product design documentation including user stories and market requirements
- Experience with Agile product development methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud computing, web-based solutions, APIs, and associated technologies
- Ability to travel as required (up to 25%) for client engagement meetings
- Experience working within the Healthcare industry, specifically within Payer / Provider Systems
- Experience with Optum’s Product Lifecycle Management methodology
- Experience with Pragmatic Marketing Framework
- Experience with Salesforce.com; willingness to achieve certifications within 3 months of hire.
- Experience with Apttus Contract Lifecycle Management; willingness to achieve certifications within 3 months of hire.
- Understanding / training in Lean Startup thinking and Human Centered Product Design
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.